(Go to Groups for 'members-only' information from RNG Members.)
Online presentation by Professor Per Anker Jenssen, Technical University of Denmark, on 'Innovative Procurement and Parnerships in Facilities Managament'.
'Barrier-free Istanbul' presentation on accessibility by Goksenin Inalhan of the Istanbul Technical University.
European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST), domains and national contacts
General introduction to the Research Network Group
The Research Network Group have most members from research organisations and educational institutions, but input and close co-operation with practice are vital for an adequate and high quality research and development work. FM research and development projects are typically focusing on the integration of all business services, in time, with the core business. FM Research is about organisational processes (maintenance and operation of the FM service) and about the development and change of facilities as an integrated service. Relevant research topics/issues in FM are:
• FM strategy (mission, business)
• FM structure (organisation, process)
• Work space design and management
• Facility development and innovations, facility concepts for accommodation
• KPI/Benchmarking in FM
• Asset management (corporate level)
• Operation and maintenance management
• Service management/quality
• Outsourcing - outtasking
• FM and e-commerce, FM marketing
• TQM - total quality management
• Information and communication technology in FM
• Lifecycle value/life cycle profit
• Environmental strategies in FM
• POE - Post Occupancy Evaluations
• The role, or function, of the Research Network Group within EuroFM is to enable EuroFM to be the leading international think tank and international knowledge base on FM in Europe.
• Establish an active research network in Europe reflecting the integrated approach to FM-research, practice and education.
• Formulate a European FM research program for the coming 5 years.
• Arrange the anual research forum as part of the EuroFM conference.
• Be a generator of European research projects in co-operation with EuroFM Business Forum.
Objectives of the Research Network Group are to be recognised as a major research network in Europe reflecting the integration of Education, Research and Practice in FM and to facilitate collaborative research between members that are ‘Centres of Excellence in FM’. Other objectives are to prioritise and agree research subjects and topics, to be active in formulating the future agenda for FM research in the EU and to be active in generating and co-ordinating FM research and development projects in Europe. The RNG also plays a virtal role in securing the documentation and information exchange between scientific / academic and research / development in practice and to create a forum with the education network group for collaboration between graduate FM programmes by forming a link between national associations and the RNG projects.
- FM Processes Research Report, EuroFM 2008 FM Processes Research Report (EuroFM, 2008)
- Example RNG Project Plan (FM Futures) Example RNG Project Plan (FM Futures)