(Group present at the meeting in European Parliament, 10/11/2010)
EuroFM represents the European Workspace Services and Facilities market in Brussels. We have presented our 'EuroFM EU2020 Agenda' at the European Parliament on November 11, 2010. The Agenda represents the view of our researchers, educationalists, corporate clients and service providers. With this agenda we will connect our sector to European Union institutes, programs, mandates, etcetera.
November 10, 2010 EuroFM presented the benefits of incorporating our knowledge and information in the work of European institutions in Brussels to members of the European Parliament, European Commission staff and other stakeholders in the workspace and building life-cycle. EuroFM represented its growing business services market that has been estimated to deliver between 5 to 8 percent of the European GDP though an estimated 40 million FTE.
(Speakers/Hosts, 10/11/2010 EP meeting)
Subjects relevant to the development of the European FM market (suggestions welcome):
- Dec. 6, 2010: Commission launches consultation on a single Europe-wide phone number for EU businesses. More info.
2. Contract Law
- PEPPOL (Pan-European Public Procurement Online)
- E3PO (European PPP Operating Companies in Infrastructure and Services)
- Guide to the econmically most advantageous offer in contract catering (by EFFAT/FERCO in 8 languages)
- 'Eberhard Sasse talks about his FM enterprise', video by Deutsche Welle
- 'An Integrated Industrial Policy for the Globalisation Era Putting Competitiveness and Sustainability at Centre Stage', document mentioning facility management as Single Market driver, November 2010)
- European Standards (New Approach)
- (Office) Furniture and Workspace Design EN and ISO standards (list provided by FEMB)
- Single Market Act (October 2010)
- Single Market Act Video
- Leasing/buying Vehicles/Cars: European Clean Vehicle Portal.
- 'Waterless Urinals are more sustainable', video by UNESCO
- European Construction Technology Platform (research)
- Work Organisation pages on Eurofound
- Research report 'Working Time Preferences in 16 European countries' (2005) More info.
- We have included World Business Council for Sustainable Development Manifesto in our 'EuroFM EU2020 Agenda'. Below you can download a copy of the Manifesto.
- Please see the "EN 16001 Energy Management systems- Requirements with guidance for use". The standard was formally issued by CEN and CENELEC on 1 July 2009. It provides organizations and companies with a single framework to help them establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy efficiency. The standard is intended to apply to all types and sizes of organizations, and can be used independently or integrated with any other management system.
- CEN is also currently working on a standard on several parts on energy audits, that will cover energy audits in transport, buildings and processes and a standard on energy efficiency benchmarking will be soon sent for enquiry. Read more.
- Presentations from the Sustainability Week.
- Renewable Heating & Cooling Platform
- E2BA (Energy Efficient Buildings Association)
- European Renewable Energy Council
- Intelligent Energy Europe (watch the calls!)
- BUILDUP (European portal for energy efficiency in buildings)
- Change BEST links page with European Commission and projects directions
11. Research (general)
- Research (7th Framework)
- Industrial Research (DG Research, Unit G2)
- 'European Forward Looking Activities' presentation.(april 2011)
- Technology and Telecom Standards (overview from ETNO)
- Dec. 8, 2010: Commission launches consultation on review of EU mobile phone roaming rules. More info.
- Manifesto Energy Eficiency in Buildings WBCSD Manifesto Energy Eficiency in Buildings WBCSD